Pay attention at this:

" Experiments directly confirm for the first time that this behavior
continues beyond the conventional limit of unity electrical-to-optical
power conversion efficiency."

It is above the conventional, not that it produces energy out of nothing.
This is just a way of saying that it exceeded expectation of light emission
for a LED.

--
Daniel Rocha - RJ
danieldi...@gmail.com