Here's a good PDF for the static dielectric constants of electrolytes.

http://downloads.olisystems.com/ResourceCD/MixedSolventElectrolytes/Dielectr
ic.pdf

ABD wrote:

"A 'dielectric' is an insulator. The electrolyte is not an insulator.  This
system is like two capacitors with a common plate. The two dielectrics are
the two cell walls. The common plate is the electrolyte in the cell. There
are then two outer metal plates."

I disagree.  Pure water is an *excellent* dielectric/insulator, and adding
ions only makes it a LEAKY capacitor.

(I remember someone telling me that the coolant used in the early Cray's was
*pure* water; and did not Tesla use water-filled jugs for capacitors?).  To
precisely describe any dielectric, one has to consider both the energy
storage aspect as well as the conductivity (resistive) aspect!

To be precise, the electrolyte used in LENR experiments *is* a leaky/lossy
capacitor.

>From wikipedia's entry on relative permittivity:

====================

Lossy medium

"... relative permittivity for lossy materials can be formulated as
(equation may not copy):

in terms of a "dielectric conductivity" σ (units S/m, siemens per meter),
which "sums over all the dissipative effects of the material; it may
represent an actual [electrical] conductivity caused by migrating charge
carriers and it may also refer to an energy loss associated with the
dispersion of ε' [the real-valued permittivity].

The sigma variable in the above equation is the conductivity (S/m) resulting
from the mobile ions, and represents a *RESISTIVE* property to the salt
solution.  The dielectric constant or 'energy storage' part due to the water
molecules is still present.

-Mark