Le Oct 19, 2012 à 4:34 PM, David Roberson <dlrober...@aol.com> a écrit :

> I still believe that this effect is of a chemical nature and not LENR.  I
> wonder if the concentration of heat within a small volume is causing the
> carbonate to decompose and escape.  There exists the possibility that some
> hydrogen or possibly sodium related phenomena is present.  Has anyone else
> witnessed this strange effect?

I recommend that anyone attempting electrolysis familiarize him or herself with
Melvin Miles's work, e.g., [1,2].  Even if the chemistry goes well beyond one's
training, his papers are helpful in getting a sense of how complex the
(non-LENR) reactions are in these systems.  The main way that they are helpful
is in instilling fear in the heart of anyone seeking to draw any kind of
conclusion about what is observed.

Eric

[1] and [2], http://www.iscmns.org/CMNS/JCMNS-Vol8.pdf, p. 12 ff. and 115 ff.