If one is doing a broad search it strikes me that reducing the detecton tme
and thus the cycle time is paramount.

A calorimeter is a slow sensing device....

Building a reactor before one has gathered the "wind tunnel data" gives
you Langley's result not the wright brothers result.

The writghts did not have a theory of lift they had a data set that told
them when and how it occurred.

The what reacts and what does not and how to turn it on an off need to be
worked BEFORE trying to build a commercially viable reactor.

What one really wants to measure is heat from the active material. The
thing closest to the active material is the material itself...

The state of the art in IR temperature sensing should be able to tell you
in a matter of 200msec if a  potential sample under test
has made excess heat by measuring the temp increase of the sample.

If one does this the whole caliorimeter nightmare goes away... the
experiments get easier to build and try easier to cycle through both
materials,
and stimulation experiments?

Is anyone doing this?