Terry Blanton <hohlr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wait a minute.  Aren't you the guy that keeps saying the best proof is a
> self running machine?  Closed loop?

Oh yeah. Sure, if you can pull that off on a reasonably large scale. But a
small toy-like device would not be convincing because a battery can be
hidden in it. Yes, you can run it for a long time to overcome that
objection but there is induction or a fine wire or what-have-you. I
remember as a kid making HO scale railroad gadgets with lights and moving
parts that seemed stand-alone.

I was assuming this would be a physically small device. Not sure of the
details. The one that Dennis Cravens is talking about is ~10 W I think.
That's too small for a convincing self-running machine. My gut feeling is
that he should stick to a calorimeter. Somewhere around ~50 W, where the
heat become undeniably tactile and you can produce significant electricity,
maybe look at a toy. Arata made a toy at around 1 or 2 W with analog watch
motor. It was unconvincing.

Maybe I am confused about the scale or the use of the word "toy," which may
not imply a small device, but rather a simplified proof of principle device.

Assuming Rossi's gadgets are real, just having one the size of a shoebox
producing a kilowatt or so for week would be all the proof you need. Make
it a hot water heater. The simplest method of HVAC calorimetry would be
fine.