so are you saying that small self running devices are not useful as "proof"?
This seems at odds with what you told me. DennisDate: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 18:13:44
-0500
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Miley Arpa-E startup project reloaded! vote for for 10 days..
hurry up
From: jedrothw...@gmail.com
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com

I wrote:
Assuming Rossi's gadgets are real, just having one the size of a shoebox
producing a kilowatt or so for week would be all the proof you need. Make it a
hot water heater. The simplest method of HVAC calorimetry would be fine.

I guess what I am saying here is that a calorimeter is a self-running device,
in a sense. It is the simplest version of a self-running machine. Especially
with a gas loaded reaction. Arata's device supposedly ran for weeks with no
input. As I said, it was driving a thermoelectric chip which drove a small
analog watch motor, which made a piece of paper spin. Sometimes. When the heat
was high. It was less impressive than you might think. When I saw it I thought,
"this would be a whole lot better with some real calorimetry instead of that
watch motor." Arata's calorimetry is usually of very poor quality. This sure
was.