I agree 100% Terry..the best way -by far- to convince the majority of
skeptics is a self-running machine.

Maybe the only way. There are tons of calorimetry data already at the watt
and subwatt level. We need some drama at this stage. A self-runner should be
high on the list.

Speaking of staged drama, there is always the message of:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chain_Reaction_%28film%29

But don't chuckle too loudly as it could very easily be the case that LENR
does involve a certain kind of chain reaction to reach a reliable level of
operation.

Of course, it is NOT a neutron chain reaction, as in fission, but it could
involve subatomic bosons of some kind instead, or even a QM "probability
field" critical-mass level. If there is such a requirement, and who is to
say that there isn't - then something akin to a critical-mass of nanopowder
will provide the basis of a self-runner, and the material cost is too
expensive for anyone without deep pockets to do on their own - even a
University would balk at the up-front cost.

For the sake of argument, let's say one of Miley's graduate assistants ran a
computer simulation based on the nanopowder of Arata, Ahern and others - and
Lenuco based its proposal on that simulation. it envisions the need for say
20 kilograms of 10 nm nickel alloy. The going price is around $17/gram, but
in this volume QSI would do it for $200,000.

This kind of circumstance may never get done without ARPA-E money.

In fact, we should applaud any effort to jump-start LENR by using a much
larger format. It simply hasn't been done and it is hard to rule out until
it is done.

From: Terry Blanton

Jed Rothwell wrote:

If you can prove the cold fusion device produces heat, you best do that by
the simplest means, which is calorimetry.

Wait a minute.  Aren't you the guy that keeps saying the best proof is a
self running machine?  Closed loop?