 From: alain.sep...@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 12:15:37 +0100
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Miley Arpa-E startup project reloaded! vote for for 10 days..
hurry up
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com

I understand well the skepticism of many on Miley.As far as I know Miley have
no validated reactor. He has a rational project, which can be written on the
back of a Post-it. The image is an artistic vision, which I hope is not the
final engineering result.

However I deeply disagree with the cognitive dissonance that I observe all the
time on LENR. LENR is real, so it is NORMAL SCIENCE, in a psychiatric hospital
for depressive people called Western World.

It tooks 5 months with a normal team  for Defkalion to make a first reactor. I
know people comfortably doubt on them, but the behavioral evidences are clear.
I'm not living in the conspiracy theorist world where all is in doubt. I live
in a human world, enclosing the business world, where people a rationally crazy.

However the biggest reason to support this project for an ultra-light startup
is that OTHER PROJECTS ARE NO BETTER. They also have crazy artists scheme,
unproven ideas, many challenges. Some are based on known theories, but
engineers can tell you that it does not make things work better. All have big
chance to fail, yet to give lessons.

For me the challenge of Miley is not around LENR, if he works with good experts
(in material science), but around harnessing TEG and most of all,
organizational and mass psychiatry.

Of course I assume that in such a startup he will work with a normal engineer
team, and not in a garage. Maybe I underestimated that risk.
More than success of creating that startup, I imagine that this can put the
focus on LENR and call interest on emerging business that flourish today.

My forecast if Miley win the vote is that it will be anyway rejected, but some
more people will hear of LENR, and they will see the facts better than the
government.
I remember reading one book of the Fondation trilogy by Asimov. When the Empire
is collapsing, even a great general cannot save it, because the intrinsic
stupidity is impossible to fight, even by a genius.

As said Defkalion recently there is no hope from governments.I just hope to
catch some interest of people at the border of the Empire of Stupidity where I
live currently.