The proper
sites may be an answer for “difficult to cause”.  But then there are step by
step methods of
producing decent cathodes- ( example-Letts, D. and Cravens, D., Cathode
fabrication methods to reproduce the Letts-Cravens effect, in. ASTI-5
www.iscmns.org/, Asti, Italy, 2004) and fairly consistant co-dep systems that
are known in the field.

But I think
the “small effect” is due to the
movement of the active species. Temperature and stimulation do seem to increase
the reaction rates.

To me, that
says it may be related to the movement of things in and out of the active
regions.There must
also be a thermal pathway out of the active areas (phonons? and corporative
interactions over million? of atoms) to have a place to dump the Mev's of
energy without destruction).

But I
shouldn’t dabble in theories in this case.
I will prefer not to ask questions just to interoduce another theory.  I prefer
to work in the Edison mode of trial and error. (although a careful reader will
notice my coauthoring papers with Peterin one case, Peter said try frequency X
and it worked.).I will now bow out of theory talks. I will now go back to the
lab.  (I prefer
to do my theories with tensors in General Rel.- my true love- OT ).

Dennis