It is a surprise that there is quite a bit of negativity on vortex for this
demo.

That skepticism could be related to the 5 or 6 other similar claims on
Sterling Allan's PESN site which show signs of scam or trickery, but what is
specific problem with this one ? ... A noted professor (Duarte) has been
allowed to check for hidden batteries or motor - and says there is no
trickery.

Magnetic fields store energy, not a lot of energy compared to chemical, but
it takes energy to align magnetic polarities and this amounts to stored
spin-energy. I’m not sure that the energy density of a magnet can be
compared to chemical energy from a battery in a meaningful way - yet it is
still stored energy. If the magnetic field itself can used for "fuel" in the
sense of energy extraction, and this demo indicates that it can – then when
we recognize that it is notably NOT a heat engine, we can rationalize the
apparent low energy density. If the operation is not covered by the laws of
thermodynamics, then the work which was done could simply have been done in
more efficient manner, to wit: magnetic spin going to a "spin sink" which is
torque, avoiding heat as the intermediary.

Most chemical reactions, as in a battery - operate as heat engines. Yildiz's
motor produces almost no heat (only friction at the bearings). But the
system could still be conservative in the context of another kind of input -
“order” going to “disorder” in the magnetic alignment. This could mean that
providing magnetic alignment is where stored energy enters the system and
torque is where it leaves. Subjectively we assign a much greater value to
torque than to heat.

Energy per unit volume, or energy density has the same physical units as
pressure, and the energy density of the magnetic field may be expressed as a
physical pressure. This is relatively low thermally, even when magnets
express an intrinsic static force which is high between each other, and
mimics pressure. Given that the pressure of opposing fields in magnetism is
large, that should be a clue that we are missing the important variable -
spin.

Enthalpy can derive from ordered systems going efficiently to disorder, as
in demagnetization or from an input such as ZPE. In short, thermal energy
density is the best known measure of the volumetric enthalpy of a system but
it is not the only determinant of it.

If ZPE alone is responsible, then perhaps there can be work done with no
demagnetization, but the simplest explanation for an energy anomaly in a
"magmo" is that we are seeing “order-to-disorder” enthalpy of a
non-thermodynamic type: spin going to a spin-sink, which exhibits a
higher-value for of energy - torque.

Jones