Dave,

I am no expert on spin batteries, but I think that the battery material is
driven to a stable state of high magnetic energy by subjecting its dipoles
to a strong magnetic field.  I believe that almost all of the energy at
that point is in the magnetic field.  I do not know how homogenous the
best storage materials are, nor how structured their domains are.

Conversion of the stored energy into electrical current is described in
the presentation.  I wish I could find more references.

The theory of storage of energy in the e-m fields still seems pretty
contentious.  For example, google "Feynman disk paradox" - there are a
number of different 'solutions' to how momentum in magnetic circuits is
converted into mechanical momentum.  Quite perplexing.

-- Lou Pagnucco