-----Original Message-----
From: pagnu...@htdconnect.com

Pardon if this is old news, but a 'spin battery' is potentially a very
efficient energy source.  From the presentation:

"The Spin Battery" -- Stewart E. Barnes
http://www.physics.miami.edu/~barnes/SpinBattery.pdf

(SLIDE 30) Theoretical Maximum
If one changes the magnetic state it is possible
to recover the Jsd ~ 4eV exchange energy.
This gives 4.0 x 10^6 J/kg.

Also see -
"Theoretical spin battery could see magnet powered cars"
http://www.gizmag.com/spin-battery-magnet/11271/

-- Lou Pagnucco