Jones, I agree with you completely. That is why I have spent the last 24 years of my time investigating this effect. LENR is real and Rossi has seen it operate. However, the rest of us have to figure out what he actually saw and how LENR actually behaves. We can do this by using knowledge and logic or instead simply have the discussion degenerate into random thoughts and ignorant notions. You have been very effective in keeping the discussion focused, but this has not been the general behavior. As you know, standards need to be imposed on any discussion if it is to result in a useful conclusion. Instead, I see the discussions on Vortex increasingly drift into Alice and Wonderland or, as you accurately point out, into Angels and pins. But we all now know where that approach went. Perhaps, stepping back and agreeing on some basic facts might be worthwhile. I will suggest some if anyone is interested.

Ed Storms

On Apr 30, 2013, at 10:05 AM, Jones Beene wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Edmund Storms

First, most people believe Rossi is a fraud and cannot be believed,
but they will nevertheless believe him when he claims his heat results
from transmutation of Ni. They believe him when he claims Cu is the
result and now when Fe is suggested.  Yet, absolutely no evidence
exists for these claims. Nevertheless, long and detailed discussions
result.

I agree that in the normal realm of online discussion, it is not logical to
waste time on the claims of someone like Rossi - since his so-called
"demonstrations" could have been little more than theatrics, and he is
obviously a dishonest person at heart - with a background that is probably
more despicable than anyone imagines.

However...

It's kind like during the Middle Ages when the most educated men, Bishops and Cardinals, etc would debate on how many angels can fit on the head of pin... which as we know - that kind of discussion is now a modern metaphor
for wasting time debating topics of no practical value.

At that time in History - there was nothing of greater value in the minds of
these men than Angels and Divinity.

Likewise today - at least on Vortex, there is nothing in Science of greater value to society than the proper understanding of LENR. It represents the best "game changing" strategy for getting away from fossil fuel - which is essentially why we are willing to overlook character flaws in Rossi, if there is even the most remote chance that he could have found the "Holy Grail" ... so to speak. And no matter how flakey the demos were, there is no
doubt in my mind that Rossi did show something...

... how many Angels did you say, Brother?