Hi,
[snip]
>OK, here is another example of wishful thinking based on no data what-
>so-ever. The idea that lithium can be involved in LENR is based on the
>W-L theory,

Not in my case. I base my suspicion that LENR may be involved on the fact that
the sum of the first two ionization energies of Li is a close match to the Mills
"energy hole" value of 81.59 eV (m=3). There is also a K shell x-ray absorption
energy of 54.75 eV, which is a close match for m=2.
In short, Li could well be a Mills catalyst. If so, it would result in Hydrino
production, and possibly the occasional nuclear reaction, either

H + 7Li => 2 x 4He + 17.35 MeV

or

H + 6Li => 3He + 4He + 4 MeV

Of course the Hydrino reaction alone would easily account for sufficient excess
heat to cause a battery fire.
[snip]
>But suppose Li does participate in a LENR reaction. What would be the
>consequence?  The nuclear product would be helium and heat. This heat
>would not give the battery more capacity, hence can not be the source
>of the claimed extra energy even though it might produce enough heat
>to cause local failure.

As for giving the battery more power, granted it's a bit of a stretch, but there
are at least two possibilites:-

1) Process analogous to Mills' CIHT.
2) Fast particles (e.g. alphas) resulting from a Li fusion reaction would ionize
lots of other atoms. IOW potentially create lots of free electrons and matching
ions. If some of those electrons found their way into the external circuit, then
it would appear as additional power from the battery. Alternatively they might
undergo chemical reactions with the constituents of the battery resulting in an
apparent internal "recharge".
[snip]
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk