So, here's two cases where Joshua Cude and Jed Rothwell concur about
evidence.
***It is this kind of common ground and base set of facts that we should
try to establish as a group.  If anyone comes along hoping to debunk it,
they can read the base set of facts and either move on or engage with us.

If I were to try to log onto a unicorn discussion group, and they were all
obviously unicorn 'believers', what is the point of trying to separate them
from their unicornian beliefs?  But if they cite genuine historical
evidence that they rely on to pursue their belief system, and we're invited
to investigate that evidence rationally, then there is some common ground
between us.  For a non-unicornian to try to impose his viewpoint that if
unicorns are real, they must be amphibians, is beyond the pale for
unicornians.   But for a rule to exist that all participants should adhere
to the belief that unicorns can fly is also beyond the pale.  The common
ground is what we need to establish.

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 12:23 PM, Rich Murray <rmfor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> evidence.
>
> The claims about Toyota's successes are indeed extraordinary evidence:
>
> " They achieved high reproducibility, routinely triggering boil offs in
> 64 cells at a time. The work culminated with cells that ran for weeks at
> boiling temperature, at 40 to 100 W. See:
>
> http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RouletteTresultsofi.pdf  [ 9 pages ]
>
> This project was terminated because of politics and disputes over money
> between Toyota and other companies, not because the research itself
> failed."  -- Jed Rothwell
>
> "Roulette, T., J. Roulette, and S. Pons. Results of ICARUS 9 Experiments
> Run at IMRA Europe.
>
> in Sixth International Conference on Cold Fusion, Progress in New Hydrogen
> Energy. 1996. Lake Toya, Hokkaido, Japan: New Energy
> and Industrial Technology Development Organization, Tokyo Institute of
> Technology, Tokyo, Japan.
>
> RESULTS OF ICARUS 9 EXPERIMENTS RUN AT IMRA EUROPE
> T. Roulette, J, Roulette, and S. Pons
> IMRA Europe, S.A., Centre Scientifique
> Sophia Antipolis, 06560 Valbonne , FRANCE
>
> INTRODUCTION
>
> We describe herein the construction, testing, calibration and use of a
> high power dissipation calorimeter
> suitable for the measurements of excess enthalpy generation in Pd / Pd
> alloy cathodes during the electrolysis of heavy water electrolytes at
> temperatures up to and including the boiling point of the electrolyte.
>
> With the present design, power dissipation up to about 400W is possible.
>
> Excess power levels of up to ~250% of the input power have been observed
> with these calorimeters in some experiments. Extensions of the design to
> include recombination catalysts on open and pressurized cells will be the
> subject of a future report."
>
> 2 of 7 runs, months long, gave excess heat.
> no details about how the Pd cathodes were prepared and changed.
> no references are given.
> how qualified are T. and J. Roulette?
>
> Joshua Cude, would you comment on this on newvortex?
>
> within the fellowship of service,  Rich Murray
>

> On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 8:47 AM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>>
>> There is plenty of room to be skeptical that LENR will ever get to market.
>>> Cude was correct on that point. I think that airing alternative
>>> viewpoints
>>> on the subject of what it takes for commercialization can be quite
>>> productive for the future of the field.
>>

>> Exactly right. Plus there are many technical claims that are questionable
>> or not repeated yet. Host metal transmutation is not as well established
>> as, say, tritium. Iwamura has done good work and Toyota replicated him, but
>> it is still long way from the tritium results.
>>

>>> Many of us really resent the efforts of those who want to impugn many
>>> years
>>> of quality research at Universities, SRI, National Labs and so on - by
>>> researchers. Sure, there is some research which is substandard, but that