Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

There is plenty of room to be skeptical that LENR will ever get to market.
> Cude was correct on that point. I think that airing alternative viewpoints
> on the subject of what it takes for commercialization can be quite
> productive for the future of the field.

Exactly right. Plus there are many technical claims that are questionable
or not repeated yet. Host metal transmutation is not as well established
as, say, tritium. Iwamura has done good work and Toyota replicated him, but
it is still long way from the tritium results.

> Many of us really resent the efforts of those who want to impugn many years
> of quality research at Universities, SRI, National Labs and so on - by top
> researchers. Sure, there is some research which is substandard, but that is
> not the point. The existing level of good research almost certainly proves
> than nuclear reactions can occur at low temperature.

Yup, I resent that!

To be in denial of that
> evidence by skeptics is no more than intellectual dishonesty.

Maybe it is with some people. But I think the debate is reasonably fair.
Most supporters and skeptics who are wrong (wrong in my opinion) are making
honest mistakes, or they are ignorant, or they interpret the data wrong.
Cude strikes me as honest in his opinions. I think he sincerely believes
that McKubre Fig. 1 has no significance, because most cells do not achieve
the high loading shown there. That is a mistake, not dishonest. He does not
understand the point of this graph.

Perhaps he should make more of an effort to understand, but we can't fault
people for misunderstanding.

> This still does not prove that the World will ever benefit from this
> technology, but that is a completely separate subject for showing that it
> is
> real on a laboratory scale.

Yes, separate. Except that some results, such as that the final results
from Toyota, do prove that commercial level power density, i/o ratios, and
temperatures on a small scale are possible. Whether they can be sustained
or scaled up is an open question.

You would never get those temperatures or ratios from muon catalyzed
fusion. Plasma fusion has never achieved "fully ignited" heat after death.

> That LENR is a physical reality at some scale is a given - but even so,
> that
> situation is far removed from the ability to take the underlying principle
> to market.

It sure is.

> Look at Blacklight Power after running through maybe $80 million.
> Are they close to market?

No idea, and I would love to know.

 A PoC device from BLP was due out in February and
> it is not here.

Who knows what to make of that. Sigh. . . .

I think many people have expressed highly skeptical view of BLP, Rossi and
others here. I think most of this skepticism is justified!