Please immediately move all debunking to VortexB-L.   Vortex' Rule 2
is intended to prevent debunking-based postings here.   Also please read:

 On Wed, 8 May 2013, Edmund Storms wrote:
 > What is the usefulness of all this discussion. Cude will not accept the
 > most obvious and well supported arguments and he will not accept what I
 > just said here.

 Yes, such discussions usually prove pointless.  A simple problem with a
 simple solution: "DEBUNKING" IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN ON VORTEX-L.  If you
 see some, it's probably coming from someone who didn't read the forum
 rules:

     http://amasci.com/weird/wvort.html#rules

 It's not just about "no sneering."  Skeptics are not welcome here.
 Vortex-L exists to provide a Believer forum which stays far away from the
 message traffic and time wasted in discussions with staunch non-
 Believers.  There's plenty of other groups for such topics if you want to
 indulge (including vortexB-L.)  And, if rule #2 isn't clear enough, well,
 here's the expanded version:

    http://amasci.com/weird/vmore.html

 Note well:

   "I started this group as an openminded quiet harbor for interested
   parties to discuss the Griggs Rotor away from the believer-skeptic
   uproar on sci.physics.fusion.  It quickly mutated into a "believers
   forum" for discussion of cold fusion and other anomalous physics.  I
   created Rule #2 to prevent this list from becoming another battleground
   like the sci.physics.fusion newsgroup.  Be warned: IF YOU SELF-IDENTIFY
   AS "NON-WOO," THEN YOU COULD BE REMOVED FROM THE FORUM AT ANY TIME.

PS
Hey, part of that old article in THE SKEPTIC is now on google books...

  Skepticism and Credulity, Finding balance between Type-I and -II errors
  http://goo.gl/jU5Zf

Another one:

  BERKUN, Why smart people defend bad ideas
  http://scottberkun.com/essays/40-why-smart-people-defend-bad-ideas/

William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb amasci com                            http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA  206-762-3818    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci