DJ Cravens <djcrav...@hotmail.com> wrote:

I , of course have a bias, however I would say if you attempt reproducing
> the effect you may wish to look over Letts' and my  paper:
> http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/CravensDtheenablin.pdf

Excellent advice!

Also:

http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/StormsEhowtoprodu.pdf

However, the key thing is to get good material, and that is not easy. The
ENEA makes it, but they only share it with accredited university and
national labs.

I suppose you might try some Johnson Matthey hydrogen filter palladium. As
I said, Martin recommended that. It was the old formula. Perhaps it had
trace elements in it that enhanced the reaction. It had more impurities
than the modern version. I do not know anyone who has tried the newer
filter palladium. It might work just as well as the old stuff, or better. I
would like to find out.

Tanaka Precious Metals might be interested in a cooperative set of
experiments.

Bear in mind that the procedures described by Storms take considerable
expertise, and a lot of time. About a year. He started with ~100 cathodes
and winnowed out 4 that worked well. (I think it was 4 . . . I am not in my
office so I cannot consult my notes.) These 4 worked consistently and
repeatedly. I think it is fair to say as a result of these tests,
reproducibility increases to 100%. You have to leave behind ~96% of the
starting cathode material, but what you end up with always works.

As you see in the paper, the winnowing process does not involve simple
trial and error cold fusion electrochemistry. It is as if Storms runs 100
cells to find 4 that work. He does other diagnostic tests that tell him in
advance whether cathode will or will not work. These tests are similar to
the ones recommended by Cravens.