I meant to say it is NOT as if Storms runs 100 cells in cold fusion
electrochemistry.

That would be blind trial and error. That might produce a ~4% success rate.
To improve the success rate, tou have to test the cathode material,
characterize it, and know what you are working. If you do a good job you
can increase the success rate to close to 100%. The next step would be to
manufacture cathode material with the desired properties so that you do not
have to spend a year laboriously looking for cathodes that happen to have
the right properties by coincidence. If you have $100 million burning a
hole in your pocket I am sure you could do that.