This is a good start Josh.  I think I can explain that to you since you seem to
be a pretty sharp guy.  Just keep an open mind.

The ECAT operates as a device with a positive temperature coefficient with
respect to heat.  At low temperatures there is little if any extra heat being
internally produced by the core.  When the drive electronics heats the
resistors they conduct heat to the core of the device which rises in
temperature as a result.  There is a functional relationship between the core
temperature and the heat it produces.  I have tried numerous functions and they
all behave in a somewhat related fashion.  The exact one in play by Rossi's
device is hidden at this point so don't try to muddy the water by asking for
that knowledge since you like to avoid the main issues.

The ECAT core finds itself driving a thermal resistance that depends upon the
system design.  The functional relationship of core heat released versus
temperature can be differentiated throughout it operating range.  Now, if you
take the product of the thermal resistance and the above derivative you will
find a temperature above which this result is greater than 1.  This is the
first temperature which I call critical and is where the positive feedback gain
is greater than 1.  If the ECAT is left in this region, it can go either higher
in temperature with an ever increasing rate toward destruction, or cool off and
return back to room temperature.

This is the point that it is important for you to acknowledge.  Do you accept
that this is possible so that we can continue further into the details?  If you
state that it is not possible for any heat to be generated by the core, then
the rest of the discussion is not worth pursuing.

Dave