Josh,

I promised not to keep responding to you in an effort to keep your posts from
flooding the bandwidth with non sense.  You just need to make one consideration
about input power.  If you are sharp enough and can follow what I have written
then you will put 2 and 2 together to understand the thermal control technique.

The input power is not 360 watts peak as you have mistakenly repeated many
times.  It is instead two times that since the input duty cycle is generally
50%.  Now the ratio that you rail about becomes 1600/720 or only 2.22 times.
Actually it is a bit more since the 1600 is average.
So, now you might realize that you are generating only about 2 times the heat
required for control.  Does this scare you too much?  As a hint, consider that
a large fraction of the internally generated heat is being absorbed by heating
the thermal mass of the ECAT.

So Mr. Cude, do I have to spell it out for you again?  Anyhow, the immediate
withdrawal of the drive heat leads to a situation where the internally
generated heat can not continue to supply that lost to the outside plus that
required to continue raising the temperature of the mass of the ECAT.  This
lack of enough internally generated heat causes the temperature to reverse
direction and the positive feedback takes over and forces the temperature to
head downward.

At the right time, Rossi adds heat again to the system and reverses the process
such that the temperature begins its rise upward, powered to a great extent by
the positive feedback.  I do not know how to make this any easier for you.

Please tell me that you now understand and save me from having to repeat
myself.  I do not claim to be as smart as you, but at least I have accomplished
an understanding of many issues that pass right over your head.  Do something
useful for a change Josh.  Go back and explain to the others at molehole how
the ECAT works.  I have given you the best instructions that I know how to
arrange.

Now I will try to stand by and avoid the troll that seems to be everywhere.

Dave