Daniel Rocha <danieldi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Because of this, I can say that people are not really paying attention.
> It's like wearing a blindfold.
>
> 2013/8/2 Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>
>

>> Perhaps other people have seen conclusive positive results.

Because of what? Have you seen reports of conclusive positive results by
third parties? Did Defkalion send you copies of these reports?

If you have not seen any third party reports, you cannot judge whether they
are right or wrong. I have seen papers written by experts from first class
institutions that were full of nonsense. You never can tell.

The statements made by Defkalion are interesting and worth reading. The
demo is worth watching. This appears to be impressive work. Yes, it
"appears to be" but you can't be sure it really *is* until someone else
replicates, or at least until someone evaluates it carefully with extensive
testing. A one-day video demonstration is not a careful evaluation. I have
seen many impressive claims backed by impressive experiments that turned
out to be garbage. People often make mistakes.

Having said all that, I suppose the claims are true. If I had to hazard a
guess, I would say they are. I reserve judgement because that is how you do
science. There is no harm in holding a preliminary opinion based on what
you have seen so far. As long as you keep in mind that you are guessing and
you may be wrong, go ahead and guess. It is fun!