Hi,

On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Stefan Israelsson Tampe <
stefan.ita...@gmail.com> wrote:

H0: the seen effect if it's seen, does not depend on the type of water
>  H1: It does depend on the type of water.

I think this would be an interesting test to whether there is a possible
isotope effect. But there's evidence that LENR is seen in light water/light
hydrogen systems as well.  So if the test concerns the *existence* of LENR,
rather than a parameter that affects it, I think another control should be
sought out.  Whatever that other control is (input power turned off, a
different substrate or cathode, or some other property), could be varied in
the manner you suggest to rule out a null hypothesis.

Eric