On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 8:25 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Kevin O'Malley <kevmol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> ***Then for the time being we need to focus on attracting MONEY, like the
>> X-Prize.
>> I agree. How do you suggest this be done?
>> ***Ummm, did I not mention the X-Prize, which generated 50X more interest
>> and investment than the original prize offered?  Or am I missing
>> something?
>>

> You are missing the money. Who will fund this X-prize?

Dick
Smith<http://www.forbes.com/sites/markgibbs/2012/02/24/dick-smith-rossi-e-cat-too-fantastic-to-be-true/>

The the Ansari X-Prize was leveraged to the full $10M by what amounted to a
bet placed by an insurance company that no one would win the prize by a
certain date.

Dicks Smith, if he is at all sincere, should be willing to specify a
objective criteria for a prize award, take his $1M and leverage it to a
much higher amount.

Sound criteria would include an experimental protocol is submitted to Dick
Smith that, when followed by independent scientists, reliably generates
excess energy.

Other details of the criteria need to be established but it seems entirely
reasonable that men like yourself and Ed are very qualified to help set
those criteria.