On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 3:56 PM, David Roberson <dlrober...@aol.com> wrote:

> It is obvious that we will not be able to make any headway in this
> discussion.  Apparently we do not agree upon basic measurements that any
> lab can make so for now there is no reason to continue.

I thought we were about to make headway.

Please let me ask you again this very simple question.

If you have either: 2 parallel wires carrying a DC current in the same
direction, or:
An analogue of this with moving negatively charged tennis balls in a pipe
with an equal density of positively charged tennis balls fixed along the
pipe.

In both cases there is no net charge.

So if you were moving with the electrons/neg-balls, would you see a
magnetic field from the protons/pos-balls in the other wire/pipe?
Since those protons are moving relative to your reference frame?

And if the electrons/balls moving with you did see such a protonic B-field
would they not be attracted from cutting through it like that?

Maybe if we work on one point at a time we can get somewhere.

John