Jones:

It is compelling that the "protonated molecular hydrogen or H3+, and it
is the most abundant or second most abundant ion in the Universe, so it is
very common."  It is also compelling that RPF is the most common fusion
reaction in the universe.

I consider RPF to be the Occham's Razor theory:  Simplest is best.