From: Kevin O'Malley

And also perhaps here:

Note that they used lasers to REMOVE energy from the system (to COOL it).
That's what KP Sinha did, and also, what Ed Storms was unaware of here on
Vortex-L until I pointed it out.

The interesting thing about laser cooling is that the photons from the laser
are typically very hot. A blue laser can have photons with equivalent
temperature of 15,000 degrees.

As far back as the “Einstein refrigerator” we have known that one can use heat
to produce cooling - but with laser irradiation it is different. A laser photon
can cause an atom to emit photons of a higher average energy than the one it
absorbed from the laser - and thereafter cooling will follow, but only so long
as the cooled atom does not heat up via absorbing low energy radiation from its
containment structure – the same one which absorbed the very hot re-emission
from the cooled atom.

Thus laser cooling only works well at extremely low pressure, and therefore
laser cooling to form a BEC may not be relevant to LENR at all - since we are
going for high power density, and a vacuum is not conducive to that.

However, when everything is tuned to a phonon frequency which is the operating
temperature of the hot pressurized reactor – say 350 degrees C, then a laser
which is radiating photons in the IR of about that energy (the 15 THz band
which NASA loves), we can bring the a entire system into a kind of 3-way or
triple coherence called “superradiance”. This is photon, phonon and magnon
(spin wave) coherence. Triple coherence promotes tunneling. A magnetic field
promotes magnons.

A coherent system, even a hot coherent system – which has triple-coherent
energy dynamics will promote LENR – that is the bottom line.