One further note. According to Steve's report, the device placed in the
reactor allowed them to determine the changing composition of the reactant
gas over time. Thus, it was probably either some kind of spectrometer and
they were looking at emission lines - and even a mass spectrometer, if there
was a magnetic field. In fact, it had to be the later since they did not
know if mass 3 was tritium or 3He.

Thus this implies that a magnetic field had been added ! Thus, unbeknownst
to even Mizuno, the addition of a magnetic field (and a laser for the
spectroscopy) could have been contributory to the better results over the
prior experiments a few months ago. Think about the good fortune!

Wow. We need to pin down the details of the mass spectrometer which they
added to the device. Did it have a magnetic field and a laser? If so, they
were inadvertently adding SPP into the experiment !

The question then - for Fisher's theory (and it may be coincidental that he
was present) is why did the device not indicate that an amu of 6 or more was
present in the ongoing reaction?

Simple, Watson . a mass spectrometer require gas ionization and polyneutrons
have no electrons, so they cannot ionize and thus would avoid detection, and
no one knows the emission lines of a polyneutron anyway - if that is what
they were looking for. Plus polyneutrons would be dense - not gaseous
(think: neutron star).

In conclusion, although it could be coincidental that Fisher was there, this
is a good time to take a closer look at an expanded version of polyneutron
theory being relevant to the improved Mizuno experiment which could have
added SPP under the guise of mass detection.

From: Steve High

Having been at the meeting I would be pleased to add an item of
clarification. The input gas was in fact molecular deuterium. An innovation
that they made a big deal of at the meeting was a device placed inside the
reactor that allowed them to monitor the composition of the circulating gas
in real time, in terms of atomic number. Thus at the beginning of the run
they were registering atomic number 4 (molecular deuterium) and during the
run there was a progressive decline in 4. A transient rise in 3 occurred
(they didn't know if it was tritium or possibly Helium 3) then that level
declined again.

Steve,

First let me thank you for this thorough reporting. This may go down as a
very important event and you witnessed it first-hand.

Second, let me say that the gas at the intermediate stage could have been

Trihydrogen as a third option. This would support a version of Fisher's
theory if the deuterium was giving up neutrons to the "polyneutron" species.
According to that theory 2 or 3 neutrons are unbound, but more neutron -
possibly favoring four to six, can exist as a bound species. What they do
later is only predictable in retrospect.

The item that progressively rose during the run was atomic number 2(they
didn't know if that was atomic deuterium or molecular hydrogen).

Most interesting.

Any speculation from the group as to why that might happen? As an matter of
coincidence or god forbid synchronicity the output of Fisher's polyneutron
theory was molecular hydrogen (IIRC)

You suggestion of molecular H2 as the most likely end product is not out of
the question. Problem is determining the energetics which do not look
promising.

Like any good detective, we should look at all the possibilities. Thus 2
molecules of D2 go to 2 molecules of H2 and a n4 polyneutron. The
polyneutron decays to hydrogen so in the end we have   2 D2 --> 4 H2.

However, this is not energetic without something else - such as a mass
transfer from the nickel matrix. Mass of H2 is 2.0158  amu, mass of
deuterium 2.0141amu so that the net reaction appears endothermic without
mass transfer from the host metal or some other energy input.

Thanks again - this deserves more thought. The polyneutron itself would be
the key - does it gain mass from the zero point field?

This would be a worthy question to Puthoff or Haisch.