  From: Jed Rothwell
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Monday, March 24, 2014 10:12 AM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:More on the Mizuno presentation

  Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

    Apparently the mass spec and quadrupole are outside the experiment, and
could not have been contributory.

  When they took those photos I think the mass spec & quadrupole were sitting
there, not hooked into the experiment yet. I saw the quadrupole gadget years
ago when I was there. Months ago, they did the experiment by doing glow
discharge with rarefied gas, then filling the cell with a lot more gas. The gas
would stay there for the entire test. I think after the test they would
sometimes run a sample through a mass spectrometer.

  They occasionally saw some anomalous heat during the initial glow discharge
phase, presumably when some nanoparticles were already formed.

  I have not seen new slides and I was not there for the lecture, but my
impression is they have now set up the mass spectrometer in a loop, where the
gas passes through the spectrometer into the cell, out again and around and
around.

  Mizuno did not send me slides, I suppose because Yoshino has them. I guess he
just got home. It takes a long time. If I get slides I will upload them toot
sweet as they (don't) say in Gay Paree.