Quadrupole stimulation of nuclei is a long know way to excite nuclei.  Is the
quadrupole device part of the experiment?..

Bob
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jones Beene
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Monday, March 24, 2014 11:19 AM
  Subject: RE: [Vo]:More on the Mizuno presentation

  From: Jed Rothwell

  I have not seen new slides and I was not there for the lecture, but my
impression is they have now set up the mass spectrometer in a loop, where the
gas passes through the spectrometer into the cell, out again and around and
around.

  The main reason that knowing (or appreciating) that the mass spectrometer was
close to the device or built into the device now, as opposed to earlier - was
because the operating results have been also greatly improved in the past few
months . thus, we are thinking that there was the possibility of an added
magnetic field being responsible or partly contributory to the bigger gain.

  The magnetic field seems to fit well into many recent offshoots of a
Letts/Cravens effect where a small added field makes a large boost in LENR
output. We cannot be sure that this is relevant to Mizuno without learning more
details.

  However, in the MIT presentation - where they were using 300 meters of thin
nickel wire, wrapped around a mandrel with many turns - instead of the much
thicker and fewer turns of wire in other past experiments - that too could be
where an added magnetic field originates - in the mandrel itself.

  However, this coil is ostensibly unpowered in the experiment IIRC. Not only
that but the wire is uncoated, so an amp-turn equivalent situation is hard to
imagine due to shorting. The question then would be something like this: could
a small magnetic field of 500-800 gauss be created during operation of the
Mizuno device by induction from the heating coil to the mandrel, or else by
positive ion contact with the mandrel coil?