Bob,

I suspect that you are correct in your concern provided that the organism DNA
is damaged.  Perhaps we should think about the energy associated with each
photon as it impacts the cell instead of a complete wave front.  Each photon
has much less than .1 eV of energy, a level which I assume could be dangerous.
 If we consider a large number of photons acting as a group we most likely
should consider heat damage instead of individual point damage.   After all,
the action of many simultaneous photons results in the interference patterns
that measure in the near fractional wave lengths.

If a high Q resonance exists one might see coupling from the induced fields.  I
do not recall anyone finding a resonance of this nature that could be excited
to a dangerous extent.  One might think that any energy coupling to a DNA
strand would be shared among the nearby molecules, especially water.

The tritium radiation hazard seems to be of a different nature and much more
concerning.  In that case the energy released by a single event is concentrated
in space and capable of direct damage to DNA.  I have not seen reason to
suspect that normal cellular towers or radar systems are capable of producing
tritium.  I would expect that the energy is far too un concentrated to achieve
that goal.

Dave