Much depends upon how your mechanism causes the harm.  If heat is the problem,
then the average power is important.  Microwave cooking depends upon heating to
prepare the meal.  The instantaneous peak power might be able to ignite a fast
acting explosive material or cause a bulb to ionize, but the average energy is
what is detected by the radar receiving system.

When you perform your analysis of the damage due to radar transmitters, are you
able to determine how well centered the effect is about the device?  Another
consideration is that the antenna pattern is generally directed above the
ground level for a large distance.   Many folks have expressed deep concern for
the effects of cellular radio towers due to misunderstandings about radio power
levels.  It is generally easy to worry about issues that involves "black magic"
when dealing with the public since people tend to seek simple explanations to
their perceived problems especially when random events seem to defy
understanding.

ChemE, I have no idea about how well you have performed your analysis of the
radar environmental damages that you are following.  I assume that you have
also included research which would prove that the lack of a tower always shows
none of the degradation expected due to RF.  What is the signal to noise level
that you are working with?  Are you confident that  you could take a random
sample of sites, some with radars and some without, and pick the active ones
every time?

Dave