To answer your second question, if you see a lot of dead stuff and diseased
biology and fish dying due to reoccuring hypoxia, there will be high
powered, pulsed microwave radars nearby with local peak power greater than
10 W/m2.  ALL of our radar bases have chronic wasting in wildlife
surrounding them:

Pacific Sands
Cape Canaveral
Guam
White Sands
Colorado Springs

Just search for the names on my blog and you will find the research.  I
hope you find the time.

"Trust me, I know the difference between power and energy.  I have designed
a number of transmitters in the past and been cooked by a few of them!  "
 SEE, THAT IS BECAUSE YOU HAD THE WRONG EQUATION, IT IS PEAK, NOT AVERAGE.
:)