On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 09:38:45 -0500, Reed Hedges wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 02:34:06PM +0100, swe wrote:
>
>> Its nice that one can use blender to convert models, but thats another
>> barrier to download, keeping people from attending.
> Are there other modeling tools that it would be nice to support?
> Sketchup would be a good one I think, it's really easy to use and is
> becoming popular and well known through its association with Google Earth.

*"The BRL-CAD package is a powerful Constructive Solid Geometry (CSG)
solid modeling system with over 20 years development and production use
by the U.S. military. BRL-CAD includes an interactive geometry editor,
parallel ray-tracing support for rendering and geometric analysis,
path-tracing for realistic image synthesis, network distributed
framebuffer support, image-processing and signal-processing tools. The
entire package is distributed in source code form." --- BRL-CAD Homepage

That said, it would be nice to have a 3d man program for dragonflybsd or
longhorn.

*--
Please reply back to this note using your email program.
jh