Hopefully the fact that I got round to checking the original box in which my
Powerbook came, and found the 3-pin extension, will help me live longer.
(Thanks all for the tips on that note.)

I haven't felt any tingles, but then I've only had it plugged in since this
afternoon. If it's a backward step, and things get worse, one clue may be
the absence of further posts. Ever.

One thing I noticed that was different. When I had the 2-pin plug, if I took
the end that plugs into the Powerbook, and put, say, my finger across both
the brass-looking pointy bit, and the thin silver sleeve, then the lightable
area would turn green (no doubt there's proper terminology for all of this
stuff, but I'm clueless as to what it might be). Presumably something about
completing a circuit. But now, with the 3-pin plug hooked up, that little
phenomenon appears to have stopped.

Someone's probably going to tell me that putting my finger on the connector
was a stupid thing to do to start with :( Isn't this why Clipsal Safety
Switches exist?!! :)

Steven