To sort out this mess..

A three prong plug has an extra connection for an earth. It also means that
heavy waited objects plugged in can't fall out as fast! The chargers for the
PPC laptops and Intel laptops originally came with two adaptors to plug into
the physical charger. A long extenstion cord that has always been equipped
with a three pronged end and also a shorter model that allows the charger to
be plugged in directly that is only two pronged which is quite dangerous!

That is why major electrical devices such as VCR, TV, Microwave always have
three pronged plugs to earth the device where a simply kettle will not. Also
on a laptop it is not too much of an issue since the current is brought down
to only 12v so it shouldn't cause too much harm to yourself... (Any
disclaimer you've read also applies to what I've just typed..)

Thanks, David Moyle
Bertram, Western Australia
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"If a cluttered desk is characteristic of a cluttered mind, what does an
empty desk mean?"

Confidentiality Notice:
The contents of this email are confid.. Were you meant to receive this? If
not, delete it. Please?