Hi Steven,

just did a Google on---- mild electric shock MacBook ----. Apparently it is quite normal, first acknowledged in the days of the TiBook. Below is what one respondent wrote to the query. Mind you I never get a spark just a very minor buzz sensation through the skin.

                      Regards,
                      Eugene

"The problem is that the Powerbook will ALWAYS shock you if you're running it on mains electricity through the two-prong adapter (rather than the extension cord), since the casing will always have a very slight but measurable AC current running through it (117V AC).

I know this because my Alubook would ALWAYS spark when I connected my firewire hard drives and audio interface (which have their own power supplies), and I called up Apple, concerned about a Powerbook grounding defect frying several thousand dollars' worth of studio hardware.

Apparently, it's normal.

They told me to use the three-prong extension cord if I was feeling alarmed.

So I do."