The LAN option sounds good.  When I Synced my machines (via MobileMe/iDisk) I
was syncing a new iMac and I had mistakenly checked everything to sync, when I
discovered that it had used 7 odd Gb. in one go it took me a while and some
advice from WAMUG to figure out what had happened, the clincher was that there
is approximately 7 gigs of data on both machines and there has not been any
repetition of the event since turning the sync off, so I concluded that was the
cause.

Regards,

Adrian

adrianske...@me.com