Thanks Ronni, I read the OSX 10.6.1 install disc which states "This software is
part of a hardware bundle purchase-not to be sold separately". Probably means
it is linked to the white MB and not transferable to the black MB.

I could still give it a try per Daniels suggestion and worst case a clean
instal with 10.5.4 and Software Update then data migrate back from the clone.

Regards

Pete