Hi Pete,

Both alternatives are valid but just a quick word on the subject. If you truly
value your data and want to use the clean install approach then you probably
should make a second clone just to be sure. The clean install approach creates
a single point of failure; the cloned drive.

If the external drive fails between the clean install and the migration your
data is lost. This is highly unlikely but if it were my photo collection for
instance, I would make a second clone or at the least a quick copy of the most
valuable data such as a photo collection.

Regards,
Carlo

---
Carlo Margio