Hi Ronni,

My machine is the desktop Mac Pro, 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 10GB memory,
two graphics cards, one for each screen. I am running OS X 10.8.5 (sorry for
the butter finger typing).

The right hand screen is my main screen with the menus. The left screen is used
for the outputs of my programming efforts i.e. browser windows and other
various display windows used by whatever application I am developing.

After a restart the screens are reversed, that is the menus are on the left and
applications are running on the wrong screen.

In the System preferences I then have to move the menu bar and reverse the
layout of the two screens. The apps still show on the wrong screen and have to
be moved. All windows need to be resized as the menubar affected the sizes of
the windows. I have large screens (1920 x 1200) so a fair bit of adjusting is
required.

I also have four Desktops, each with their own set of apps to be used in my
development process. The apps are all assigned to a specific desktop. After the
restart they show up on random desktops, not always on the assigned desktop.
When I Control-Click on the Icon the correct desktop is sometimes shown even
when the app is on the wrong desktop.

My System has been doing this for a long time through many upgrades, even
before 10.8. It is like the layouts are not saved or not restored properly.

Desktop 1 is always the first to display but the layout is incorrect as
explained above.

Mission control always shows the 4 desktops but the apps are on the apparently
randomly assigned wrong ones. I have been looking for where and how the info is
stored but can not find anything.

I realise this is very long-winded and if you have no time to play with it, no
problem. The Mac Pro is also acting as one of my servers so I never restart it
unless there is a software update.

Regards,

Paul