Hi again Paul,

I just read you have tried rebuilding the Mailbox.

If this is a POP Account, check that Mail Account Preferences.
Mail > Preferences > Accounts - Select the Mail Account you are having the
problem in
Click on the Mailbox Behaviors button
And check Sent: Delete sent messages when: select 'Never'.

Sent from Ronni's iPad4