On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 1:43 PM, Christian Ohm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thursday, 12 June 2008 at 23:54, Angus Lees wrote:
> > For reference, a no-fancy-options recompression of the rpl files into ogg
> > ends up at about this resulting size:
> >
> >  187M    sequences_ogg.zip
> >  777M    sequences_rpl.zip
>
> Could you upload the Theora files somewhere? As nobody seems to do anything
> regarding the videos currently, perhaps I'll have a look into it.

Uploading sequences_ogg.zip  to gna:warzone/videos/ now.  I hope we don't
have some kind of disk limit I'm about to abuse :/

Please let me know if you notice any quality problems - I'm not aware of any
remaining video or audio problems with the conversion process.

> So .ogg theora/vorbis is a pretty big saving in size.  sequences_ogg.zip
> was
> > generated via my rpl2avi wine program with the original eidos dlls and
> then
> > reencoded using ffmpeg2theora - if you're interested in the resulting
> file
> > or any of the pipeline just ask.
>
> Do you know how large the intermediate AVIs are? It might be nice to have
> the
> raw files somewhere for testing encoding options etc., or reencode when the
> Theora encoder improvements I mentioned in my last mail are finished.

The uncompressed avis are simply too big (many, many gigabytes - I discarded
the intermediate avis during conversion so I don't actually know).   I can
upload the full set of RPLs as well if you want.
I'm happy to reencode the oggs with different options, tools, whatever -
just let me know (and feel free to ping <alees at google.com> if I'm not
answering, I check my other accounts less and less often as the email
burnout gets worse)

--
- Gus