On Saturday, 14 June 2008 at  0:35, bugs buggy wrote:
> Right, there is no new information just by doubling the scan lines,
> but to my eyes, it did look better than stretching the original
> 320x240 to 640x480.

http://xs128.xs.to/xs128/08246/linear776.png
http://xs128.xs.to/xs128/08246/double-and-linear684.png

This is a little creation of mine, both times scaled up 800%. The first
one directly by linear interpolation, the second by doubling the pixels,
then 400% by linear interpolation. You're right, the difference is very
noticeable (because after doubling first, the pixels don't get blurred
as much). So a pixel doubling post-processing is definitely a good idea.