On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 5:19 AM, bugs buggy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I haven't done much with video stuff, but I used ffmpeg with a bitrate
> of 2400K, and used the 'double sized' video (as in, it skips ever
> other scanline to make the FMV appear bigger than it is), so while the
> original FMVs are 320x240 (and some are less than this), the one I
> converted is 640x480.   The issue with the 320x240 is that if we
> stretch that out to fill the screen, then we get really ugly
> pixelization.  Is there any filter or some other program that we can
> use to fix this?
> The original vid I converted from is 30,996,655 bytes (320x240), and
> the new one is  32,095,488 bytes (640x480).

I'm not sure what you're intending with this 'double sizing' stuff.  You
aren't going to add more information to the video by doubling the scan
lines, so it will appear equally as pixelized as the smaller video,
stretched at display time.

> I rather we just skip the RPL headaches, and just convert them to
> ogg/theora.  Would seem to be the best bet, and less code maintenance.
>
> I dunno about our mac friends, and if the RPL playback code is endian
> safe or not.  Actually, I don't even know if the ogg playback code we
> have on the tracker is endian safe either.   Sorry Ari. :(

I'm inclined to agree about dropping the RPL code, especially since I could
never get it working flawlessly :(

As for endian-safe, I hope it is - I wrote it :P

--
- Gus