On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 4:03 PM, Dennis Schridde <devuran...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Am Samstag, 14. März 2009 13:51:33 schrieb Per Inge Mathisen:
>> We need an official
>> repository that everyone work up against, directly or indirectly, and
>> unless I am mistaken, even the linux kernel has this.
> They used a shared repository? Do you have some docs on how they propose to
> deal with the merges & co?

Not a shared repository, but an official one that everyone sync against.

I am a little bit confused by this discussion. I am not aware of any
lacking support in git for shared repositories. I thought that was
what 'git push' was all about. I am aware that the linux kernel does
version control without a shared repository, but why do we need to
even consider this possibility? We obviously do not have the manpower
to work like they do.

  - Per