We had something akin to what is described to the "git way" of doing
version control in the Berlios days. Each developer wanting to do
something was given his own branch, and then "someone" would somehow
merge stuff for a release. It was a disaster. We need an official
repository that everyone work up against, directly or indirectly, and
unless I am mistaken, even the linux kernel has this.

My impression is that git is good, and probably the future, but still
a rather immature tool. Or maybe I and the other sceptics are the
immature ones that just need more time to wrap our brains around it.
Either way, I would like us to ask google for hosting for now.

  - Per