Hi Amanda -

Thanks for your input -- it appears that doing a calendar in css would be analogous to hammering a nail with a Crescent Wrench (I've done that before :^). It works but it's a lot more trouble than it's worth. Also, I'll check your link for creating table-like displays...

Scott
btw - our baby girl is named Amanda (born 6/19)

Amanda Birmingham wrote:

Scott,
I haven't run across anything particularly about calendars, but you might check out
http://css.nu/articles/table-in-css.html
which has an article about creating table-like displays with CSS; this might be appropriate if your calendar is to be displayed in ye old grid format.

Personally, though, I think this might be going a bit far (unless you're just doing it for the challenge :) Eschewing tables for general layout tasks keeps presentation details from overwhelming our html ... but I believe tables are still totally appropriate for representing data that really *is* tabular in nature. A calendar may well be a case of such data. My 2c :)

Amanda Birmingham
Web Application Developer

>: Drew (or actually anyone) - do you use CSS for creating calendars

: rather than tables? I create a few calendars every month at work and
: tables are quick and dirty, but it would be fun to try something new
: :^).
:
: Scott

To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.