Cheryl D. Wise wrote:
As far as 3 column css layouts take a look at
http://positioniseverything.net and look at the various layout demos. This
is a site well worth visiting for anyone getting serious (or playful) with
CSS.

Cheryl D. Wise

I was there the other day, and didn't make the connection that I can use columns instead of tables. What I have on my site is a table that has 3 sections. The left and right sides contain text content, while the middle column contains a vertical line to separate the other columns. I can use a % for the height of the middle line for NS and Opera, but IE doesn't render the true %, so I have used a px amount which works in all 3 browsers.

Now, I'm going to play with columns to replace my tables, and Drew and you have given me good code to work from. Reading all the css specs this last weekend, and a few css forums, I did learn about css shortcuts which decreases css bloat to a minimum. While my pages shrink, I don't want my css to bloat, so I also learned about creating more than 1 css stylesheet.

Jan

To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.