From: Smile-Poet [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 6:57 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [wdvltalk] Re: PHP book update

drew,

That's an impressive list.   But are these for true beginners, or for people
with other coding skills?   I think php is so flexible, relatively easy, and
developing so fast that people will be going straight to it, rather than
adding it after the hard slog of learning and using serious coding.
(That's a compliment folks, and a touching of the forelock - if i still had
one - to the professionalism of this list.)

The web is still expanding very fast.   The nature of it encourages people
to dive in and get on with it.   Like me many will want to implement
practical projects rather than become php pupils per se.   That was the
attraction of the book I have been tripping up on.   That book also reveals
(through its failures) better ways to do it.

And many will not want to, or not be able to, attend classes.   (I've just
realised how hard I'm selling the idea.   It must be because I have
experienced how well you all teach)

Joseph

____ * The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM * ____
To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.